Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wyre


6 December was Wyre Show also at Myerscough - but what a difference! Slightly smaller entries meant more room to park and move about, and less noise (marginally) Lots of smiling faces among the organisers who are always helpful and friendly. Jackie Kenny and I measured 13 dogs during the lunch time without it seeming a chore or rushed at all - nice relaxed show. Among those being measured was Bryn's litter sister Faith, and another couple of Nat's dogs - she had one measure into each category LOL! Faith, needless to say, was Large.

I had injured my leg the week before at NAWS (where Bryn came 2nd in the Agility) so I was hobbling around the courses in the morning, which didn't suit Amber at all, though she tried her best for me, bless her. Bryn did better - 17th in Grade 3 Agility, despite 5 faults for a rolled pole when he checked whether me hopping meant something or not. In the afternoon my leg was loads better and so was our result - Bryn came 8th in Combined 3 to 5 Agility - I was over the moon!

Training last night - Amber had scraped her stopper pad, so no training in a mucky riding school for her. Bryn was worked instead, and he made the Grade 5 course I designed (by accident!) look easy on the second run. He really is such a joy to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment