Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's been a while

It's been a while since I posted as I've been in the Midlands with my family, visiting my dad in hospital (yes, he's still there - week 6) and staying with my mum. It was a roller coaster of a week, with my dad being fine at the weekend then critically ill with renal failure on Monday, then slowly making some progress back towards health again. The hospital he's in is great - all the staff have worked their socks off to improve his condition.... and the food is great!! (very important to my dad!!)
The dogs went into daycare down there at a kennels just 5 minutes from the house. It was galling to see how happy they were to leave me to go to their playschool for the day!! By day 3 they were waiting at the door to get into the car in the morning before I even called them. But, to be honest, they were just as happy to come home again at the end of the day.
I finally found Arrow Vale Country Park and lake, and took the dogs there each morning for a walk. It was a beautiful place and lovely to watch the herons fishing, and the swans, geese and ducks swimming the lake with little ones in tow. The dogs liked 'watching' the rabbits......and the cyclists.....so mostly had to stay on lead.
Then back home here, and last night we had Katherine Palin, the McTimoney chiropractor, come to the club to assess some of the dogs. I took Amber and Bryn, and was pleased with her assessment of both - very reassuring at the start of the busy part of the summer agility season. I think the other handlers were also pleased to have her professional opinion, and I'll look into asking her to come again later in the season. As Amber and Bryn are to have a 'quiet day' today (tell that to them!) Corker benefited by having an extended walk and ball throwing session all to himself. He was a really happy laddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment