Saturday, October 03, 2009

Signing off in style!


Lune Valley today was Amber's last proper competition. Although not quite 10 years old, and therefore relatively young to be retiring from proper competition in agility, she has had her share of health problems in the past and I want her to continue to enjoy a good quality of life. As spinning between obstacles exacerbates her back problems, I have decided to curtail her agility - effectively to retire her from competition.

How delighted was I to discover that her last 6/7 Jumping course was our idea of jumping heaven! Lots of changes of direction and pull throughs and pass-by's and such like - hardly a straight line in sight. We ran first as no-one else wanted to go - it seems I was in a very small minority in actually liking the course. It was the same course as the Large 6/7 dogs had run, and there were only a handful of clear rounds. That seemed to have put off the Medium handlers a fair bit.

Well, I can't say that it all flowed smoothly but we managed a clear round much to my surprise and delight.......and I was even more surprised and delighted to receive a 4th place rosette!!

1 comment:

  1. Kirsty2:28 PM

    Well done, what a lovely way to celebrate Amber's "retirement"!! But I hope we still see a little bit more Crazy Frogging :o)

    ReplyDelete