Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ireland - Part 2

Monday - my day of rest! One of the nicest things about Forest Farm Caravan Site at Athy is that it has a huge field to walk the dogs in. Okay, so Corker and Bryn had to stay on the lead to stop them chasing rabbits and cars (the main road is alongside the field) but it is still a nice walk. Just before lunchtime I set off for the Irish National Stud at Kildare - the camper was a bit reluctant to start, but second go it was fine. The National Stud not only houses some fabulous horses, but also some lovely gardens to walk in on a hot day, and a great cafe with home-made food. Lunch was lasagne and salad - probably the best lasagne I have eaten anywhere. Then Corker and I went for a walk round the gardens and stables, finishing with a coffee outside the cafe in the garden. It was good to get some alone-time with my boy!!
Tuesday - after lunch Liam arrived to lead me to his training venue for the afternoon/evening training session. I've been before but can never remember how to get there! There were just 7 of us, so I set some exercises based on what I had seen as problems at the IASDA show, and we worked on handling skills for those. I also worked Bryn, and just about everyone had a go at working Corker - bless him, he hasn't forgotten anything even after nearly 4 years!!
Wednesday - the close, hot weather broke during the night with a tremendous downpour all night, so little sleep for any of us. The morning was still the same, so after a short walk, we retired to the camper where I read books all day, and slept. The was no prospect of doing any outside work in that weather. After lunch I went to the local garage (the camper still reluctant to start) for some fuel and some bits and pieces from the shop, but that was all for the whole day. It felt a bit wasted.
I woke up on Thursday to find I had been invaded! Three tents had pitched on what I assumed was my pitch! One car was so close to the back door that I had to ask for it to be moved. I had considered staying at Athy until Friday, but this invasion decided me and I set off for Rush, North Dublin, just after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment