Monday, June 08, 2009

What a contrast!!

Last weekend when I judged at Wigton it was so hot it was cracking the flags and I got a touch of heatstroke. Yesterday I judged at the new ABC show at Winterton and, well, the venue name says it all! There was a fierce icy wind, all the way from the arctic. Thank goodness I hadn't emptied out the thermals and fleeces from earlier in the year or I wouldn't have survived.
It was another great show - all about ABCs (Anything But Collies) though there were some runs for the collies as well. Lovely to see so many 'other breeds' especially Weimaraners, as it was run in the name of the Weimaraner Association of Great Britain. Six runs each day for each ABC dog, and one for the BC/WSDs. Amber was exhausted!
About 8 of us went from White Rose, so had a very sociable time camping and eating together. I really hope they run the show again next year, and expand a bit on what they have managed this year. A KC/Pedigree Foods ABC Qualifier would be nice.........

No comments:

Post a Comment