Monday, July 12, 2010

High Peak


Bakewell Showground is in such a beautiful setting! But, a not-so-good start on arrival on Friday as the dogs fell out with each other and Bryn ended up at the vets with a punctured face. £48 lighter in the pocket, and a dog on antibiotics, we got back and carried on setting up. The vet said he could compete so we did.
Saturday was soo hot and humid, and that and the meds took their toll I think, as Bryn worked really well but rolled several poles. I'm glad I took the decision not to enter the POTD class.
A wonderful evening laughing and chatting with friends began to take away some of the stresses of the past week. Sunday was cooler to start - we even had jackets on!! It warmed up again as the day progressed though. Bryn was on form and came 6th in the Grade 4 agility - would have been better if I had trusted him more and not turned him wide to avoid a trap at one point. The Grade 4/5 Agility was an even better run, with a fabulous layering to the weaves - except I dropped my arm and he (correctly) took that as a signal to pull off. Whoops!! My fault! I missed walking the Grade 4/5 Jumping though the judge gave me a minute before the class began to walk the first - complicated - ten obstacles. So, that part was foot-perfect from us both, and then fell apart as I got my positioning wrong for the last bit - duh! But it was nice to have several people during the day telling me how much Bryn and I had improved since they last saw us a couple of months ago, and how much faster he was as well! Good boy Bryn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment