Wednesday, January 26, 2011

On Sunday 23 January 2011 my dad died. I was holding his hand as it happened, but it still came as a big shock.
He had been fighting against all sorts of health problems for some time - he was never one to accept the unpalatable and just give in, but this fight was finally too hard. He was my friend, my hero, my dad, and I can't imagine life without his silly songs and vigorous debates and sense of humour and quiet patience and constant courtesy and indomitable will and LOVE.
Miss you dad, more than you can ever know.

4 comments:

  1. Kylie2:46 PM

    Oh Brenda, Im so so sorry to hear this. Hugs from me & the blue monster. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry to hear your sad news Brenda.
    Hopefully sometime in the future you can see through the sadness, think of your dad and smile.
    Thoughts are with you and your family, I know you will all miss him dreadfully, Jules xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bren I am so sorry. Didnt realise and my thoughts are with you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, so sorry for your loss. Love, Nancy x

    ReplyDelete