Saturday, January 17, 2009

Training with Lee Windeatt




I was really fortunate to be able to get a place on a training day with Lee Windeatt, who had ventured into the frozen North to bring knowledge to us barbarians - not really; he is far too pleasant and positive to ever take that attitude, though he did have one or two problems with the language.....


Bryn was down for the morning session for Grades 1 to 3, and, having looked at the list of names, I realised that I was definitely the Elder Citizen of the group, ie the most 'challenged' in terms of fitness and speed. However, the Boy Bryn did okay I felt and I was given some things to ponder over in terms of handling skills. I was amazed at one complete change in handling (for me) that worked instantly for Bryn. A very simple and subtle movement that made real differences to line and commitment. Lots to work on - sometimes it's just nice to have existing training reinforced by a guest trainer; sometimes it's good to have totally new ideas. Today Bryn and I got both.


Have to say a big thanks to Natalie (See Kai's Blog) for organising it all!! More please!

No comments:

Post a Comment