Monday, March 23, 2009

The highs and lows....


After Ireland, I just had time at home to pick up the dogs from kennels and change suitcases before heading south for my Dad's 90th birthday - yes, 90! He and my Mum (88) are very active people, so we had a great family birthday party on Friday, followed by another celebration on Saturday at my sister's house, followed by going out for a very posh meal on Sunday (Mothers Day too!)

Except that my Dad slipped on loose gravel as he was getting out of the car - and broke his hip (the other one). So all the highs of the week ended on rather a low note at the local hospital where he is now enjoying the hospital food rather than the slap-up meal he was looking forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, don't they both look fab!

    Poor dad, what a real downer on the weekend for him, hope he gets back to full fitness again soon

    ReplyDelete