Friday, March 13, 2009

Pleased!

Oh, I was pleased with both Amber's and Bryn's agility training this week! Amber, on Wednesday, was working almost as well as she has ever done despite having turned 9 earlier this week! (Whoops! Missed another birthday!) She was fast, accurate, turning on a sixpence, happy to pick up FXs, RXs or BXs without a hesitation - none of this steadying into a turn for her! Just swing on your hocks and go! She did an amazing dogwalk - s**t off a shovel as they say. What a pity we weren't timing her!
And Bryn, last night, was really up for it. At last I managed to get back into a competition mindset, rather than a training one - I think I have found the cue word I need to change in competion mode now. We were, apparently, the only partnership that got the staggered pull/push through right, ie tight and straight, not loopy, and he was happy to be sent out or to work in close to me. He was a bit fazed by someone walking their dog next to the weaves while he was doing them - and I mean about a foot away!! And he began to offer me some proper waits on the start line again - all the training is starting to pay off!
So, a glorious sunny Spring day today, and a real lift to my spirits.
PS Corker is wonderful too.....just shedding great lumps of moulting hair everywhere he goes.... you wouldn't think a smooth coated dog could lose so much without going bald.

2 comments:

  1. Aww sounds like you are doing great

    Its funny how you get days when it just comes together for all of them at once

    and dont speak to me about shedding - my carpet has a constant little extra rug of hair no matter how much I brush them

    still it must mean spring is on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, positivity!!!!!

    No sympathy re: shedding - at least it's seasonal ;0)

    ReplyDelete