Saturday, March 07, 2009

Missing!




These last couple of days have been filled with missing dogs.


First I had a call to say that Freddie, a missing Border Collie belonging to a friend of mine, might have been sighted about 7 miles from where I live. So I drove over to the area, spoke to the person who saw the dog, and it sounds very hopeful. I left some food down where she had been seen, and it had gone when I went back this morning. BUT of course, it might have been eaten by a fox or cat or another dog or...well, any animal. So, we can't raise our hopes too high yet, but this dog has been lost for nearly a year now, so it would be marvellous if it turned out to be Freddie.


Then I heard that another friend's working Cocker Spaniel Rupert had run off from home, and hadn't been back for two days. He is very friendly, and hopefully is being looked after somewhere and will be home soon, but so far there have been no sightings (not even by highways at the side of a road, which is good news)


Then, to make sure I really understood these friends' anxiety and stress, Corker disappeared while we were out for a walk this morning - just vanished in a twinkling of an eye. Luckily for me I found him half an hour later scavenging around some tents that had been set up across a footpath in the Nature Reserve (I ask you!!) about half a mile from where he went missing. He was unimpressed by my anxiety....We have had 'yoofs' tenting before and these seemed set to continue the practice of leaving their litter, empty beer cans and cider bottles around for the rest of us to clear up, judging from the mess around their pitch (not all due to Corker's efforts!) I hope he peed on their tents!


So, not a good few days at the moment. I can't help worrying about Freddie and Rupert and hoping that they will be back home safe and sound soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment