Monday, March 30, 2009

Update on this week.


What a roller coaster this week has been!

My Dad's broken hip has been scheduled for surgery every day - but there have been constant complications. Finally, on Saturday afternoon we were told that the complications meant that the surgery was potentially life threatening, but that it needed to be done straight away if it was going to be done at all. Family conference - my Dad decided to take the risk and go ahead.

He has a knack of making good decisions, my Dad, and all went well. I'm glad to say that he is now in recovery, and hopefully he will continue to make good progress.

It's the second time in 30 years that I have done the dash down the motorway to be at his side in a hospital, hoping to get there in time, and it's not at all nice!!!

2 comments:

  1. How stressful for you all, I hope he continues to make a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, your dad looks like my dad! Glad he's doing so well :0)

    ReplyDelete